In December, we found our way back to success and, after the Black Swan in November, the results make us more optimistic about the future.
In December, we feared a longer downtrend on the stock markets, which is why we decided to close down almost all equity positions. Not only because of this, there were numerous loss rates in December.
We started the month of December with a balance of $106,085.97 and stood at $108,759.65 on December 31, 2018, which represents a 4.18% increase.
- Short Call in Coffee (KC) $714.45
- Short Put in Copper (HG) $356.90
- Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $889.20
- Strangle in Oil (CL) $537.60
- Long in Soybeans (ZS) $618.00
- Long in IFF $24.15
- Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $2,388.00
- Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $2,181.60
- Short Put in Copper (HG) $761.20
- Long in Match Group (MTCH) $93.95
- Long in Protolab (PRLB) $345.46
- Long in Trade Desk (TTD) $284.67
- Long in Weight Watchers (WTW) $362.46
- Long in Softbank (SFTBY) $604.99
- Long in Nvidia (NVDA) $385.33
- Long in BEAT $394.60
- Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $650.75
- Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $1.80
The total of all closed positions in December is -$5,314.15. This number looks frightening at first, but it is essentially due to the strong movements in the Russell 2000. These fast and big movements have very quickly led to big losses in our butterfly positions.
However, there is also very good news, the virtual profits currently amount to almost $10,000.
December performance in comparison
The following picture shows when we compare our account with the known benchmarks:
Current positions in our account
These positions are currently open:
Screenshot from 02.01.19 at 11 am
Our spreads are all very satisfactory. In particular, the Widow Maker has finally run into the plus. Furthermore, our Call Christmas Tree in Gold is going great and still has a lot of potential open.