October has begun, and it’s time to take a look at the performance of our real money account in September.
As you can read in this article, August ran with a performance of 2.39% in our favor and allowed us to completely reach the target of 30% p.a.. Although the previous July was terrific at 17%, 2.39% is still more than sufficient if we can achieve this on a long-term average.
Explosive performance in September
The results of September exceeded even the excellent performance of July. Again, we achieved 17.43%. As a result, we had to adjust our trading goals several times. The last announced target of 50% was also reached on Friday. Thus, our $100,000 real money account at the end of September is $132,606.48.
We closed the following trades in September:
- Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) with a profit of $635.20
- Short puts in Lean Hogs (HE) with a profit of $793.20
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) with a profit of $148.17
- Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) with a profit of $1,915.20
- Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) with a profit of $3,332.00
- Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) with a profit of $1,540.60
So, let’s say we’re talking about realized profits, that’s $8,364.37.
Trading performance in September
Comparison with the best-known indices:
Current positions in our $100,000 real money account
This is the current state of affairs:
3 aspects that are worth mentioning:
- Short call in oil (CL) is currently our problem child. Oil is currently on strike, and we have also reached an almost 1% loss in account size. We will most likely roll or even close this position.
- Short put in wheat (ZW) looks bad but is a completely risk-free position because it is covered by our short position in wheat.
- Oil spread (CL and BZ) is not ideal and is currently losing 1% of our account size. Nevertheless, we consider buying here.
How can I discuss these trades and receive them as a signal?
In our Premium Service, you will immediately know when a new trade is opened, closed or managed.