May could not help our real Money is a generally accepted medium of exchange to buy and... More account move forward, or better, up. Again, the Russell 2000 behaved very bitchily, and we also had to realize losses in some other trades.
We started into May with a balance of $131,293.03 and stood at just $122,318.74 on May 31, which equates to a 6.84% loss. This has been our worst month for a long time.
- Complex Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,057.20
- Short Calls in Coffee (KC) $892.60
- Short Puts in Wheat (ZW) $288.80
- Short Puts in Cocoa (CC) $228.80
- Short Calls in Lean Hogs (HE) $1,063.20
- Short Puts in Soybeans (ZS) $808.20
- Short Puts in Cotton (CT) $1,021.80
- Simple Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,500.00
- Simple Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,220.00
- Simple Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,037.60
- Short Puts in Oil (CL) $625.60
- Simple Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,769.00
The realized result in our real money account amounts to a total loss of $3,892.40, much of which is due to the losses with the simple butterfly strategy on the Russell 2000. Unfortunately, the Russell 2000 fell throughout almost the entire month of May, resulting in a total loss of $5,526.60 with this specific strategy.
May performance in comparison
The following picture shows when we compare our account with the known benchmarks:
Current positions in our real money account
These positions are currently open:
Screenshot from 03.06. at 10:14
2 things are worth mentioning regarding the open positions:
- All in all, our What is equity? In accounting and finance, equity is the r... More positions do not look good. It should be noted, however, that these investments are not short-term.
- Our position in the Eurodollar is relatively underwater, but we will continue to hold on to it, especially since the maturity of 196 days still gives us hope.
Overview of past 3 months reports
Here you can find the individual reports of our real money account of the last 3 months: