The start of the year was quite gratifying for our real money account and we were able to gain 5.18%, thanks to the excellently run Widow Maker. Furthermore, we have started to build up small equity positions with caution.
In January, we restarted Butterflies on the Russell 2000, which we had suspended for a short time, and we made our first earnings trades.
We started the month of January with a balance of $106,639.83, and stand at $112,166.19 on January 31, 2019, which represents an increase of 5.18%.
- Short Call on the VXXB $343.20
- Calendar Spread in Lean Hogs (HE) $426.00
- Commodity Spread on Crude Oil (CL) and Brent (BR) $98.00
- Widow Maker in Natural Gas (NG) $4,086.00
- Earnings trade in Facebook (FB) $1,001.83
- Earnings trade in Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) $428.20
- Earnings trade in Tesla (TSLA) $1,051.20
The total of all closed positions in January is $4,475.63. The currently unrealized gains amount to approximately $7,400.
January performance in comparison
The following picture shows when we compare our account with the known benchmarks:
Current positions in our account
These positions are currently open:
Screenshot from 01.02.19 at 11:37
Noteworthy is our Call Christmas Tree in Gold (GC), which is currently priced at $3,050. Unfortunately, the spread in the US bonds is not going so well due to the changed interest rate policy and will soon be closed by us.