The short month of February was pretty good on the financial markets, but unfortunately not in our $100,000 real money account. One reason is the rising Russell 2000. Its incessant price appreciation led to losses in our butterflies. Here’s a look back at January.
We started the month of February with a balance of $112,136.80 and stand at $107,657.84 on the 28/02/2019, which represents a -3.99% loss.
- Earnings trade in Amazon (AMZN) $240.60
- Call Christmas Tree in Gold (GC) $2,902.00
- Simple Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $790.40
- Complex Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,460.00
- Complex Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,240.00
- TUT Spread in US bonds $1,021.81
The total of all positions closed in February is $211.19. In addition to these results, there are still losses realized when managing positions that only appear when closing in a report.
The currently unrealized gains amount to approximately $3,400.
February performance in comparison
The following picture shows when we compare our account with the known benchmarks:
Current positions in our account
These positions are currently open:
Screenshot from 01.03.19 at 12:37
There is nothing special to emphasize, as no position is especially in plus or minus. In general, we currently have very few open positions and plenty of margin and cash free for new spots.