In this update, we want to show you how things went in our $100,000 real money account in August.
July went well. We realized profits of $7,301.87 and achieved a performance of 17%.
Normal performance in August
August gave us a 2.39% performance and our account is now at $112,788.75. In the meantime, we already cracked the $117,000 mark on August 8, but could not maintain this level until the end of the month. Nevertheless, we are very satisfied with more than 2%.
Overview of closed trades
We closed the following trades in August:
- Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) with a profit of $1,421.80
- Facebook (FB) with a profit of $879.20
- Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) for a profit of $3,552.20
- Tesla (TSLA) with a loss of $1,106.60
- Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) with a loss of $1,134.80
- Calendar Spread in wheat (ZW) with a loss of $189
- Soy Crush Spread with a profit of $1,075.18
So, let’s say we’re talking about realized profits, that’s $4,497.98.
Trading performance in August
If you look at the overall picture and compare it to the usual indices, then we are currently doing very well:
But even the comparison since starting our $100,000 real money account looks good:
Our annual target of time-weighted 30% remains firmly in focus, currently, we are only 6.39% away from it.
Current positions in our $100,000 real money account
This is the current state of affairs:
4 aspects are to be emphasized in the current positions:
- AMD is currently pushing our account the most
- RUT Butterflies are currently performing poorly due to a steadily rising stock market
- Options in wheat look dramatic but are very safe because they are covered by the wheat contract
- Options in oil are increasingly under pressure and are likely to be managed soon
How can I discuss these trades and receive them as a signal?
In our Premium Service, you will immediately know when a new trade is opened, closed or managed.