After setting a fantastic record month in March, April was a bit sluggish. While we were able to make good Money is a generally accepted medium of exchange to buy and... More from our income strategies on the Russell 2000, some In trading, commodities are an asset class that describe... More did not quite go our way. All in all, we have closed many trades in profit. However, since these gains were included in unrealized performance gains in March, the April performance in our real money account did not improve.
We started the month of April with a balance of $132,097.34 and stood at $131,293.03 on April 30, which represents a 1.79% loss.
- Long in Lean Hogs (HE) $16,226.00
- Simple Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $940.00
- Short Puts in Cotton (CT) $1,123.20
- Short Calls in Coffee (KC) $826.95
- Complex Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $687.80
- Short Puts in Sugar (SB) $1,288.00
- Simple Put Butterfly in the Russell 2000 (RUT) $1,646.40
- Long in Oats (ZO) $586.00
- Short calls in Lean Hogs (HE) $1,108.00
- Complex Put Butterfly in Russell 2000 (RUT) $668.20
- Long Orange Juice (OJ) $2,631.00
- Calendar What are trading spreads? In online trading, spread is the d... More in Spyder (SPY) $442.20
- Short Puts in Wheat (ZW) $1,397.40
The realized gains in our real money account are immensely high at $20,669.95 but are based on March performance. The unrealized gains on open positions currently amount to approximately $5,400.
April performance in comparison
The following picture shows when we compare our account with the known benchmarks:
Current positions in our real money account
These positions are currently open:
Screenshot from 02.05. at 11 am
Currently, there are no special features that require a more detailed explanation. The only problem child is currently our trade in lean hogs (HE), which is not quite in our favor.
Overview of past 3 months reports
Here you can find the individual reports of our real money account of the last 3 months: