The happy month of May was actually a terrific month for our real money account because we reached a new all-time high. We did not make many trades at all but lived from existing trades and from continually renewed continuation trades with options on the VXX.
May performance is all-time high
We started May with an account balance of $121,300.40 and stood at $137,535.68 on May 29, 2020, which corresponds to a percentage profit of 13.38%. As a result, we were able to post double-digit percentage growth for the second month in a row.
Although the broad market also recovered very well, we still beat the well-known benchmarks:
- Short Calls to the VXX with + $202.00
- Short Puts on American Airlines (AAL) with + $264.00
- Short Calls on Coffee (KC) with + $730.62
- Calendar Spread in Crude Oil (CL) with + $1,361.04
- Short Calls to the VXX with + $158.00
- Calendar Spread in Gasoline (RB) with + $1,107.72
- Short Calls to the VXX with + $240.50
- Short Calls to the VXX with + $184.50
- Short in Sugar (SB) with – $874.06
- Long in Cocoa (CC) with – $415.94
If we add all of the trades together, we have a realized profit of $2,958.37.
Performance since the start
Since the account opened, we have achieved a performance of 37.5% with the recent all-time high.
Unfortunately, since we changed our account, we have to use this manual overview.
The following chart shows the performance of the known benchmarks over the same period:
We clearly outperform 😉
Current positions in our real money account
We currently have these positions open:
Screenshot 01.06.2020 9:00 a.m.
All remaining positions are currently in positive territory and there is not much to manage. We will probably close the trade in oats (ZO) soon.
Overview of past 3 monthly reports
Here you can find the individual reports of our real money account from the last 3 months:
How can I discuss these trades and receive them as a signal?
In our Premium Service, you will immediately know when a new trade is opened, closed or managed.