The Malta Financial Services Authority (Malta FSA) is the financial regulating body of Malta.
The Malta FSA was established in 2002 to perform the supervisory functions previously carried out by the What is a central bank? A central bank is an institution r... More of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. It is an autonomous public institution and reports directly to the Parliament.
Its remit includes:
- Regulation and supervision of the conduct of the financial services industry
- Protecting the interests of consumers and What are value stocks? A value company is a company that app... More
- Encouraging best practice and the highest possible industry standards
- Carrying out inspections of licensed financial services firms
- publishing guidance and directives to the financial services industry and professional financial advisors.